Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Folks,

I couldn't help but notice the number of published reports across the country announcing Larken's conviction. It is certainly a strange phenomena when news of convictions are broadcast far and wide, yet wins such as Kuglin, Bannister and others get very little ink at all. I really need to understand the why of that. It would seem wins would be the greater news. Please query any freinds you have in the media and forward their responses to me at triallogs@ourliberty.net. We really should get to the bottom of this reporting phenomena.

Anyway, contrary to the erroneous reports published in Philadelphia and Florida newspapers, Larken did not surrender to authorities yesterday.

According to Larken:

This is just a quick note to let you know that my self surrender date has been delayed a week. (I learned that while driving downtown, about an hour before I was going to turn myself in.) So I'm out for another week, pending our appeal from the district court's denial this morning of our motion for bail pending appeal. If a panel of two or three Third Circuit judges decides, upon preliminary review, that our appeal raises "substantial issues," then I can stay out while the real appeal of my conviction and sentencing happens.

As you can see, it's a bit complicated, but the bottom line right now is that I'm scheduled to turn myself in next Monday, instead of today. We'll try to keep you informed, and thanks again for all your support.


I'm sure many of you will join me in praying for a ruling in favor of Larken which might help restore my faith in the system.

I will post more as soon as it comes available.

David Jahn

0 Old Comments: